Larry Beckley opened Beckley's in 1947. Originally, Beckley's only sold office furniture and office machines. In the mid 1960's, upon the passing of Mr. Beckley, the store was purchased by Ray Schliesman and Glen Lovejoy. At that time the business was located in downtown Rochester one block off Broadway on Center Street. They continued to sell machines and furniture. Since office machines required service to keep them running, Beckley's maintained a service department to handle the repair needs of their customers.
In the late 1980's Greg Scliesman joined Beckley's and began selling not only furniture and machines, but office supplies as well. Greg worked as a salesman until Mr. Lovejoy retired in 1990. At that time Greg joined his father Ray as a partner. In 1992, Kevin Schliesman joined what had become a family business. Kevin also started out selling in and around the Rochester area.
In 2000, Ray Schliesman retired and Kevin purchased his part of the business. At that same time the move was made to expand the office. Beckley's moved to the south end of town on Woodlake Drive SE. This location offered more room to display furniture and more warehouse space to stage larger furniture projects.
Today, Greg and Kevin Schliesman own Beckley's Office Products. They feel they have a superior staff that carries on the excellent service started many years ago. Many of the products have changed, probably more than Mr. Beckley could have ever imagined.
Greg and Kevin would like to thank everyone that has been part of Beckley's over the years, with a special thanks to Ray, their Dad, who really started their careers emptying garbage cans on Saturday mornings.
Thank you to our many great and loyal customers over the years who have given us the opportunity to serve.